GENERAL PRICE LIST
"General Price List: a form which lists the price (or range of prices) for all of the services and merchandise regularly offered by the funeral home. This form must be given to you to keep, at the beginning of the arrangement conference. You may request a copy from a funeral home when a personal visit is made. You do not need to complete funeral arrangements to receive this form." - New York State Dept. of Health Law
Fives Smithtown Funeral Home, Inc.
Fives Patchogue Funeral Home
These prices are effective December 1, 2019 and are subject to change without notice.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the New York State Department of Health both require that certain disclosures be made by funeral providers on the General Price List. Although these disclosures are similar, they are not exactly the same. This General Price List contains both sets of the required disclosures. The disclosures required by the FTC, when different from those required by the Department of Health, are preceded by the letters “FTC.”
The goods and services shown below are those we can provide our customers. You may choose only the items you desire. However, any funeral arrangements you select will include a charge for our services. If legal or other requirements mean you must buy any items you did not specifically ask for, we will explain the reason in writing on the statement we provide describing the funeral services and merchandise you selected.
This list may not include prices for certain items that you select, such as cemetery charges or crematory services, flowers and newspaper notices. The estimated or final prices for those items will be shown on the itemized statement describing the funeral services and merchandise you selected. We charge you for our services in buying certain items.
(FTC) “The goods and services shown below are those we can provide to our customers. You may choose only the items you desire. However, any funeral arrangements you select will include a charge for our services. If legal or other requirements mean you must buy any items you did not specifically ask for, we will explain the reason in writing on the statement we provide describing the funeral goods and services you selected.”
(FTC) “This list does not include prices for certain items that you may ask us to buy for you, such as cemetery or crematory services, flowers, and newspaper notices. The prices for those items will be shown on your bill on the statement describing the funeral goods and services you selected.”
The following charges for direct burial and direct cremation do not include additional items or services, merchandise, facility use, and livery that the customer may wish to select.
DIRECT CREMATION (No Family Attending)
Prices range from: $1300.00
- Which includes the local transfer of remains to the funeral home, staff services, securing of necessary authorizations, basic local transportation to the crematory, Mt. Pleasant Crematory Fee (under 300 lbs.), an alternative container for cremation, and return of the cremains to the funeral home.
- which includes the services as described above but with the cremation container supplied by the customer.
House Removal Additional: $200.00
Above 300 pounds additional fee for large alternative cremation container and crematory of $200.00
(FTC) "If you want to arrange a direct cremation, you may use an unfinished wooden box or an alternative container. Alternative containers can be made of heavy cardboard, pressed wood or composition materials (with or without an outside covering), or may be pouches of canvas or other materials."
DIRECT BURIAL (No Viewing or Visitation)
Prices range from: $2685.00
- Which includes the local transfer of remains to the funeral home, staff services, securing of necessary authorization, local transportation to the cemetery, and an a 20 gauge steel non-sealer casket.
- Which includes the services as described above but with the Casket supplied by the customer.
- NOTE: Direct burial prices DO NOT INCLUDE cemetery charges.
House Removal Additional: $200.00
TRANSFER OF REMAINS
The transfer of remains to the funeral establishment includes personnel, equipment and vehicle.
- Local: Within 5 mile radius: $500.00
- Charge per Mile: Beyond local range: $ 4.00
PREPARATION OF REMAINS
- Embalming (including use of preparation room): $800.00
- Embalming of Autopsied Remains: $900.00
NOTE: In New York State, embalming is not required by law. If you do not want embalming you have the right to choose an arrangement which does not require you to pay for embalming such as a direct cremation or direct burial. If you select certain funeral arrangements, such as viewing or an open casket funeral, embalming may be required by the funeral firm.
(FTC) "Except in certain special cases, embalming is not required by law. Embalming may be necessary, however; if you select certain funeral arrangements, such as a funeral with a viewing. If you do not want embalming, you usually have the right to choose an arrangement which does not require you to pay for it, such as direct cremation or immediate burial."
OTHER PREPARATION (Excluding Embalming)
Preparation of the remains, unless selected, is not required for direct cremation or for direct burial.
- Topical Disinfection (including use of preparation room): $295.00
- Custodial Care (per day after 24 hours): $350.00
NOTE: "Custodial Care" will not be charged on the days when embalming or other preparation of the remains occurs, visitation is held, or a funeral service is conducted.
- Dressing/Casketing: $125.00
- Cosmetology: $125.00
- Restoration (per hour): $45.00
The charge for our services will be added to the total cost of the funeral arrangements that you select. However, this charge will not be added to the cost for direct cremation, direct burial, forwarding of remains, or receiving of remains because the prices for those services include this charge.
(FTC) "This fee for our services will be added to the total cost of the funeral arrangements you select. (This fee is already included in our charges for direct cremations, immediate burials, and forwarding or receiving remains."
Basic Arrangements including funeral director, staff, equipment, and facilities to respond to initial request for services, the arrangement conference, securing of necessary authorizations, and coordination of service plans with parties involved in the final disposition of the deceased: $800.00
SUPERVISION (Funeral Director and Staff) for:
- Supervision for Visitation: (per day): $300.00
- Supervision for Funeral Service: $400.00
- Supervision for Graveside Service: $400.00
- Supervision for Memorial Service:(per 2 hours) $150.00
- Supervision for Disinterment: $600.00
- Supervision for services at facility other than funeral home or church with no prior visitation or service at funeral home: $600.00
- Supervision to Crematory No Family Attending: $200.00
USE OF FACILITIES FOR:
- First day or any part: $800.00
- Each additional day or part thereof: $800.00
- Morning Visitation (1 Hour): $250.00
- Private Identification (15 minutes): $250.00
- Private visitation ( 2-4 PM Only): $500.00
Following / Other:
- Funeral Service with prior visitation: $500.00
- Funeral Service following visitation: $500.00
- Memorial Service only (per 2 Hours): $300.00
- Refrigeration per day $N/A
- Hearse: Local within 5 miles: $500.00
- Limousine: Local within 5 miles: $600.00
- Passenger Car: Local within 5 miles: $N/A
- Clergy / Lead Car: Local within 5 miles: $N/A
- Pallbearer Car: Local within 5 miles: $N/A
- Flower Car: Local within 5 miles: $600.00
- Service/Utility Vehicle: Local within 5 miles: $200.00
- Caskets and Alternative Containers (a complete price list will be provided at the funeral home):
Prices range from: $65.00 to $8900.00
- Outer Interment Receptacles (a complete price listwill be provided at the funeral home):
Prices range from: $150.00 to $8900.00
- Burial Clothing:Prices range from: $150.00 to $300.00
- Cremation Urns:Prices range from $30.00 to $1800.00
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AND MERCHANDISE
- Use and setup of equipment (at alternative facility): $450.00
- Visitation other than at funeral home per day or portion thereof: $350.00
The prices in the following section may include a charge for our services in buying these items:
- Register Book: $30.00 to $100.00
- Printed Memorial Folders (per 50 ): $100.00
- Printed Prayer Cards (50 & up): $50.00 to $800.00
- Acknowledgment Cards (per 50): $ 35.00
- Cross / Crucifix: $35.00
- Hairdressing: $150.00
- Memorial DVD Tribute: $125.00 (Includes: 1 Copy of DVD)
- Temporary Grave Marker: $20.00 to $50.00
Forwarding remains to another funeral home:
- This charge includes the transfer of the remains to the funeral home, staff services, securing necessary authorizations, local transportation to point of shipment. The charge does not include shipping charges or additional items of services, merchandise, facility use, and livery that the customer may wish to select. $2400.00
- Transportation beyond local point of shipment will be billed either as livery or common carrier charges depending upon the forwarding location. Local point of shipment is up to 16 miles.
RECEIVING REMAINS FROM ANOTHER FUNERAL HOME
$2295.00. This charge includes basic transportation of the remains to the funeral home or place of local disposition, staff services, and securing necessary authorizations. The charge does not include additional items of service, merchandise, facility use, and livery that the customer may wish to select.
Transportation beyond a local place of disposition will be billed as livery charges. Local place of disposition is up to 16 miles.
Services and merchandise provided as cash advance items will be billed at the same amount paid by the funeral firm.
Cash Advance items to be paid PRIOR to the funeral include:
- Cemetery and/or Crematory Charges
- Death Certificate Transcripts
- Clergy Honoraria
- Public Transportation
- Newspaper Notices
- Bridge and Road Tolls